Sticky Mickeys Recipe
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 4 teaspoon yeast
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 5 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 380 F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl.
- Let bloom for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except last butter and cinnamon sugar, and mix at low speed with electric mixer until smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and cut into 56 (1-ounce) pieces using a scale.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Take three balls, hold together, dunk in melted butter, and press into cinnamon sugar.
- Place in large muffin pan, sugar side down.
- Let proof in warm area, until dough is doubled in size again.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take out of muffin pan while still warm. Cool, and cover with icing.
- To serve, place a Sticky Mickey on a plate.
- Slit down into the Mickey.
- Pour caramel sauce into slit.
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons water until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth and runs in a ribbon when poured from a spoon.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in pan on medium heat.
- Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar; mix well.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and continuously stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whip and slowly add 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Once cream is added, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep warm.